Soma's hardtail frame dedicated to 27.5+ wheels and Boost 148 rear hub spacing.
While most of Soma frames have been designed for multi-use and with thought to backwards compatibility with legacy technology, the Valhallen is a thoroughly modern hardtail designed only to exceed at fun on the trails. A long and slack geometry matched with plus sized tires means riders can a wider variety of terrain with control and confidence.
– Tange Prestige heat-treated CrMo steel tubing; butted CrMo rear end
– Fits tires up to 27.5+ x 3.2″ for enhanced traction and control
– Compatible with 140mm travel suspension
– Compatible with Boost cranks and 148mm spaced thru-axle hubs which offer better stiffness than 135mm hubs and more clearance for plus size tires
– Post-style disc mount
– 31.6mm seatpost fit opens up more choices for dropper posts (internal routing at seat tube)
– Press Fit 30 BB shell, which allows for use with standard PF30 BB’s or for single speed with an eccentric BB coverter
– Machined 44mm headtube (fits tapered steerer tubes using a ZS top assembly and 40.EC44 external cup lower assembly; fits 1-1/8″ steerers using a ZS44 headset)
– Colors: Candy Apple Green or Hyper Gray Metallic