The original inspiration for the Wolverine was “monster cross”, but it is seriously so much more. Its geometry is stable enough for off road touring, but sporty enough for all-around adventure.
The primary differences between the version 3.0 Wolverine and the v. 4 Type-A and B is a new 46cm size, an extra set of water bottle bosses, and additional stack height on most sizes.
The Type-A ALSO adopts more modern standards such as 142mm rear thru-axle and a 44mm headtube that will fit 1-1/8 straight steerer or tapered steerer with the proper headset type. NO frame break for Belt-Drive. (See chart for other differences between A and B)
- Tange Prestige heat-treated double butted CrMo front and rear triangle
- Clearance for 700x45c tires w/ fenders
- Rear hub spacing/type: 142 x12mm Thru-Axle
- IRD Broski sliding dropouts allow for geared or single-speed builds
Optional Matching Fork: Unicrown CrMo straight blade 15mm thru-axle fork with accessory cage bosses (1-1/8”)
LImited Run: IRD MCX Max Carbon Fork (Tapered steerer w/ 15mm thru-axle
No lugged crown fork offered for the Type-B
- Braze-ons for rear rack and fenders (disc brake-compatible racks only)
- Three sets of water bottle bosses
- 44mm headtube (Use ZS44/28.6-ZS44/30 headset for 1-1/8” steerers) (Use ZS44/28.6 -EC44/40 headsets for 1-1/8”-1-1/2” tapered steerers)
- Sizes: 46, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58. 60, 62 and 66cm (We recommend 650b tires on the 46cm)
- 4.79 lbs (frame); 2.3 lbs. (fork, uncut steerer)
- Paint: Storm Blue