Build the Privateer into a versatile "all rounder" road bike, a medium duty tourer, a flat bar commuter with full fenders, or even a gravel bike. Compatible with derailleurs, internal geared hubs or single speed MTB hubs.
This latest update includes a new 64cm size, 650b-specific design for the three smallest sizes and two colorways.
- Tange Infinity (Champion) double butted CrMo steel main tubes; tapered CrMo rear tubes
- Fits racks and fenders
- Three sets of water bottle bosses
- Extra tall headtube makes upright builds look better
- Pump peg on headtube
- Horizontal dropouts allows for geared, internal geared and single-speed builds
- 700c: Sizes 52-60cm are designed to fit cantilever brakes and can fit tires up to 700c x 41mm
- 650b: Sizes 44-50cm are designed to fit V-brakes/Mini V-Brakes and can fit tires up to 650b x 47mm
- Optional fork available (Lugged sloping crown, 50mm rake, low rider pannier braze-ons, double eyelets at dropouts) (700c-specific frames compatible with forks that have a 390-400mm axle to crown with 44 - 50mm rake/offset)
- Sizes: 650b: 44, 48, 50cm; 700c: 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 64cm
- Paint: Colonial Blue
- Part Requirements: Seatpost: 27.2mm OD, Front derailleur: 28.6mm OD bottom pull, Headset: 1-1/8", external cup, Rear hub: 130 or 135mm (spacing is 132.5mm), Brakes: Cantilevers or V-brakes, Bottom bracket: 68mm shell, English threaded.