Here is your alternative to “alternative drop bars”. It’s wide and takes MTB grips as well as bar tape. The grip area is long; long enough to run grip shifters(including Rohloff) and flat bar levers.
But the Gator will also take aero levers just like the Junebug. Try it bike camping, off roading, or touring.
– 6061 butted aluminum
– Width: 655mm at ends, center-to-center
– Width: 505mm at front of drops, center-to-center
– Width of flats on top: 340mm
– Center: 31.8mm
– Drops flare out at 20° angle
– Drops are 190mm long and have an OD of 22.2
(i.e. they can take flat bar grips)
– Reach: 65mm / Drop: 112-160mm
(Reach and drop is relative to the angle you install these bars at. On these types of bars, you want to angle the drops down, not have them parallel to the ground as with road bars)
– Weight: 400g
– No cable grooves
– Shotpeen finish
– Black or silver