Soma Frameset Pescadero Black
• Please look over our
updated shipping terms
• "Add to Cart" button will not allow out-of-stock items to be ordered.
The Pescadero is an evolutionary hop and sidestep to the traditional road sport/endurance road frame. Most of the new "all-road" bikes embracing wider tires are automatically going to disc brakes. And disc brakes are an effective technology that we also adopt on other Soma frames. But what about cyclists who wants the benefits of wider road tires, but want the clean, classic look of a road caliper brakes (i.e. rim brakes) or just prefer how easy they are to adjust and maintain? The Pescadero is for these souls in mind.
Its road sport geometry allows you to pedal hard and long with less physical and mental fatigue. A great choice for gran fondos or all day rides on winding country roads. While you can throw on 700 x 28c tires like every other endurance road bike has these days, the Pescadero allows for plusher, more comfortable rubber up to 700 x 38c.
- Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo steel front triangle; butted CrMo rear end
- Road sport geometry (inbetween road race and cyclo-cross bikes in handling responsiveness)
- Rear rack, front mini rack & fender mounts
- Designed for seatstay bridge-mounted road brake with at least 62mm reach. That would include Tektro R559, R369, Dia-Compe BRS202 dual-pivot brakes, Dia-Compe GC700, DC750, and the discontinued Paul Racer (not the Medium) center pull brakes.
(NOTE: Size 48cm ONLY has cable guides for a dual pivot caliper brake in the rear)
- Lugged crown CrMo steel fork included. Fork has braze-ons for mini rack and fenders
- Stiff and light Breezer-style dropouts
- Peg on headtube for frame pumps
- 1-1/8" headtube (fits EC34/28.6|EC34/30 headsets)
- 27.2mm post size
- Max. tire clearance: 700 x 42mm (optimized for 35mm tires)
- 6 sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61, cm
- 4.25 lbs. (51cm)